What is IPL or Laser technology? The Intense Pulse Light system is a technology that is used in spas and doctor’s offices to treat a variety of skin problems. When IPL is used for cosmetic purposes, the system causes certain wavelengths of light to target very specific wavelengths of skin and hair growth. The light energy is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle. When the follicle absorbs the light energy, the growth stem or cell is deactivated and the hair is permanently inhibited.
IPL uses a diverse array of light frequencies in order to target hair growth. The light that is absorbed by the hair follicle is usually at a specified wavelength, which is the same as that of the light used in IPL technology. The difference between IPL and laser technology is that IPL uses a wide variety of wavelengths that are not necessarily absorbed by the hair in the body. In IPL treatment for hair removal, the light is selectively absorbed by dark hair and light hair follicles. This selective absorption causes the follicles to self-destruct, leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
While IPL technology is a very effective tool for hair removal and the removal of unwanted hair, there is a moderate to large amount of hair growth in the body that cannot be removed with IPL. These individuals should consider options such as waxing, sugaring, or electrolysis. For these cases, additional hair removal techniques such as shaving, depilatories, or envy removal devices may be needed.
It is important to seek a professional IPL provider who fully understands the system and provides Individuals with a safe environment to experience maximum results.
Top Tips for Successful Hair Removal
- Upon an initial consultation with a professional IPL provider, make sure to discuss all treatment options with the provider to ensure you are knowledgeable about all the options available.
- Also make sure to decide on a treatment plan that is designed to work with your particular needs and desires. While there is no “one size fits all” treatment plan, most IPL providers will create a treatment plan that will be tailored to your specific needs.
- Try to stay out of the sun for the duration of your treatment. Sun exposure increases your risk of skin damage and can slow down healing.
- Along with following all treatment plan requirements, be open-minded about the number of treatments that may be required for your desired results. It is common for most people to require 3 or 4 treatments for permanent hair removal.
- Finally, look for a professional IPL provider that offers a variety of different settings to help accommodate your busy life. While home IPL treatment may be convenient, you may need extra help at a spa or other location.
- Ask your professional IPL provider about training and certification. Most professional providers will provide you with contact information for local training and training boards.
- Make sure to focus on hair in the growth phase only. This will ensure your treatment is safe and will result in the best possible results.
- During your treatment, allow the professional IPL provider to treat any areas of unwanted hair that are currently in the growth phase. Those that are currently in the red phase, or in the growth stage, may receive additional treatments to remove hair from these areas.
- Consider having IPL during the summer months, when conditions are more adverse to sun exposure.
- disappoint as there may be some redness or swelling that lasts for a few days immediately after the treatment.
- By following the rest of your complete hair removal procedure, skin discoloration and crusting should clear up in a few days.
- While some experts recommend waiting up to 2 weeks to allow the skin to breather, give yourself a extra week to enjoy the new look of your legs and underarms.
- Finally, consider the positive change it will create for you. Having continually smooth skin will undoubtedly be a pleasant change from the usual stubble you now receive from shaving.
Any way you slice it, there is no real surprise that the Laser Hair Removal market has been months coming into focus as more and more treatment options become available.
The days of waxing, shaving, tweezing are a thing of the past.
If you haven’t already started looking into laser hair removal treatments, there’s no reason to hold your silence. If you are in need of permanent removal of that unwanted extra hair you’ve been dealt with for years, there is no reason to hold your silence. Find out more today.